Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Hours: 2×37 per week
Salary: Grade H1 / H2 SCP 27 – 35 £33,820 – £41,496 per annum
Closing Date: 25th September 2023 at 23:59pm
Blackpool Council are looking for enthusiastic and committed professional Social Workers to work in our busy community Adult Social care team. 37 hours worked over 5 days.
This is the ideal opportunity for the successful candidates to gain experience of working in a busy community Social Work team.
Previous experience in a statutory setting is desirable. Your main duties will include:
Undertaking social care assessments in the community and in residential/nursing home settings in line with the Care Act (2014).
Working in partnership with individuals and other professionals to develop, monitor and review support plans.
You will have a good knowledge of mental capacity, risk assessments and safeguarding.
Good support and development opportunities are available as well as regular supervision.
The post is full time Monday – Friday (9.00am – 5.00pm), however on occasions you may be expected to work outside of these hours. Flexible working arrangements are available.
Blackpool Council offer
- A competitive salary offer for successful candidates who are recruited from the same or similar role may be eligible for a salary match within the above salary banding.
- A hybrid and flexible working approach
- Regular support via professional supervision
- Practice development support and opportunities for your CPD
- Social Work England registration fee is paid
- Relocation support up to £8,000
- 26 days’ annual leave (rising to 28 after 5 yrs and 32 days after 10 yrs) and the option to buy an additional 5 days on top of that, via a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Blackpool Council Staff benefit scheme: Social Work Benefits and Diversity
- Employee Assistance Programme, to support you through challenging times e.g. with free counselling, financial or legal advice
For an informal discussion regarding this role please contact Chris Brooks, Team Manager, on 01253 477439 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/vulnerable adults. This post is subject to satisfactory reference history of at least two years, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, medical clearance, evidence of any essential qualifications and proof of Right to Work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and amendments to the exemptions order, which mean that certain offences are ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed, guidance on the “filtering” of offences can be found at New filtering rules for DBS certificates (from 28 November 2020 onwards) – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
For further information on the health and wellbeing support on offer during your employment, please see here.
Have you got what it takes to ride the Roller Coaster ride of Social Work in Blackpool? for further information on the career path and development opportunities available at Blackpool please see here.