Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: Grade H1 or H2, scp 27-35, £33,820 – £41,496 per annum
Closing Date: 28th March 2023 at 23:59pm
SALARY MATCH: Candidates who are recruited from the same or similar role may be eligible for a salary match within the above salary banding.
Discover why Blackpool is the No.1 place to do social work at http://www.nextstepblackpool.com
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Social Worker with a background in the field of Learning Disabilities to join a busy Integrated Learning Disability Team in Blackpool.
The post holder will work with people with a diagnosed learning disability. The emphasis of this role will be to support individuals with a learning disability and to support those carers who offer care and support. You will work with individuals with a view to increasing and decreasing support as required. You will undertake Care Act assessments and provide support as indicated in the Care Act assessment – this may be by way of commissioned care package.
All needs will be assessed under The Care Act and you will have experience of carrying out Care Act assessments. You will have an awareness of the Transforming Care Agenda and the CTR process.
Blackpool Council offer
- A competitive salary offer for successful candidates who are recruited from the same or similar role may be eligible for a salary match within the above salary banding.
- A hybrid and flexible working approach
- Regular support via professional supervision
- Practice development support and opportunities for your CPD
- Social Work England registration fee is paid
- Relocation support up to £8,000
- 25 days’ annual leave (rising to 27 after 5 yrs and 31 days after 10 yrs) and the option to buy an additional 5 days on top of that, via a salary sacrifice scheme.
- Blackpool Council Staff benefit scheme: Social Work Benefits and Diversity
- Employee Assistance Programme, to support you through challenging times e.g. with free counselling, financial or legal advice
For an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Richard Jones (Acting Team Manager) on 01253 477803.