Contract Type: 2 x Permanent
Hours: 2 x 37hrs
Salary: Grade H1/H2 £33,820 – £41,496
Closing date: August 7th 2023 at 23:59
The Families Together Intervention Team sits within the Supporting Our Children Service and is integral to supporting the children and young people of Blackpool to lead happy and healthy lives.
We are committed to supporting children to remain within their home wherever possible. This may be with parents, family members or any other carer. Our primary purpose is to ensure that children are protected from significant harm and their development and wellbeing are promoted.
As part of our ongoing Improvement Plan we are determined to secure permanence, stability and security for Our Children. In order to do this we need to take an innovative and creative approach to intervention and as such the team work with the principles of Solution Focused Practice to support where needed to ensure home stability.
The team structure is made up of a Team Manager, Deputy Team Manager, Social workers and Family workers. The team works alongside the statutory Supporting Our Children’s Team social workers to deliver targeted intervention with a level of flexibility and creativity that is specific to the individual needs of the child, young person or carer. We will focus on developing their hopes and goals for their own lives in a strengths based approach to practice. We will help them to identify their resources as well as the resources within their local communities. Our work can be either a short term or longer term intervention working with individuals or family units.
All of the team will be trained in Solution Focused Practice and as an authority we are committed to commissioning this training for any suitable candidate who demonstrates a wiliness to learn.
Working flexibly may be required, on occasion such as early evening home visits with some weekend working (where pre-arranged with families). We also anticipate there may be the need for some telephone support/consultation on occasion. Staff will be reimbursed accordingly as per our Time Off In Lieu.
What we offer
- Pay: our salary offer is strong and candidates who are recruited from the same or similar role may be eligible for a salary match within the above salary banding
- Genuine flexible working: family-friendly patterns such as flexible start/finish times and state of the art technology support, so you can spend some time working from home.
- Small teams, clear line management and practice development support
- Caseloads: they’re going down, they’re manageable, varied and appropriate to your role.
- Easy and regular access to the senior leadership team & Principal Social Worker
- Social Work England registration fee is paid
- 26 days’ annual leave (rising to 28 after 5 yrs & 32 days after 10 yrs) and the option to buy an additional 5 days on top of that, via salary sacrifice.
- Encouragement to take your TOIL back – we mean it!
- Supervision: our strengthened supervision policy supports you to build a trusting relationship with your manager.
- Leadership is ‘good’ and ‘stable’ – DfE apppinted Independent Commissioner.
- Career development is focused on supporting your development.
- Relocation support up to £8,000
- Blackpool Council Staff benefit scheme: Social Work Benefits and Diversity | Next Step Blackpool
- Employee Assistance Programme, to support you through challenging times e.g. with free counselling, financial or legal advice.
- Mental Health First Aiders that are here for you
- Principal Social Worker Best Practice Awards are our way of saying ‘thank you’ to our amazing and committed staff.
It all adds up to an exciting package.
We’ve strengthened our recruitment process too – You’ll get a quick response to any expression of interest and application. We offer regular virtual interview days and we will keep in contact with you from the day you are offered a role to your first day with us.
Applying to more than one Social Work Team?
Please submit only one application, stating the Teams you wish to apply for and how you meet the skills/knowledge required for each Team within your Supporting Information. Should you require further details please contact Charlotte Norris on 07407 149581
Interviews may be conducted virtually. Please click here for further guidance on virtual interviews.
Please email Charlotte.firstname.lastname@example.org if the interview date is not suitable as alternative dates will be considered.
Not ready to apply yet? Register your interest Here
Click here to view the Job Description.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/vulnerable adults. This post is subject to satisfactory reference history of at least two years, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, medical clearance, evidence of any essential qualifications and proof of Right to Work in the UK in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and amendments to the exemptions order, which mean that certain offences are ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed, guidance on the “filtering” of offences can be found at New filtering rules for DBS certificates (from 28 November 2020 onwards) – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
For further information on the health and wellbeing support on offer during your employment, please see here.
Have you got what it takes to ride the Roller Coaster ride of Social Work in Blackpool? for further information on the career path and development opportunities available at Blackpool please see here.