What is the role of the ‘Supporting Our Children’ Team?
One of the most rewarding areas of Social Care; being the person who supports, advocates for and is the unrelenting champion for children who are in the care of the local authority / young people who are leaving care up to 25. Making sure they are listened to, have a stable and secure home to live in with good support networks that help them grow and thrive. Ensuring they are well engaged with the opportunities to learn, and importantly that they know that people care about and are ambitious for them.
Could you Support our children to grow their aspirations, coordinate the support from across the Council and wider partnership to maximise their opportunities? Make a difference and take your next step with Blackpool Council.
When it comes to taking care of our employees, we are proud of what we can offer:
- Relocation package – up to £8,000
- Iconic coastal location – excellent links to picturesque countryside and cosmopolitan cities
- Childcare vouchers, gym membership and other attractive benefits
- Supportive team structure and diverse caseload
- Generous annual leave and flexible working patterns
- In-house training team and career development opportunities
- Local government pension scheme
Current Roles Available
Throughout your time with us, you will be supported, developed and directed by good leaders, ensuring you have the necessary skills to deliver quality services to local people. You will also have access to a range of professional support, such as on-the-job training, postgraduate study and professional accreditation.
We have current opportunities to join our ‘Supporting Our Children’ team, learn more and apply today by clicking the role you’re interested in
See a full list of our current Children’s Services vacancies